Wednesday, April 30, 2008

John Stewart takes on Abstinence



Even though The Daily Show writers, and John Stewart, makes me laugh - the abstinence until marriage movement really isn't all that funny. In fact, I find it disturbing. It's disturbing to me that so much federal and state money is funnelled into programs that just DO NOT WORK!

It makes me outraged, but it also makes me want to do something. Actions such as educating people that while abstinence is a good option for teens, it's not always reality. Teens are having sex - so let's help them be prepared! Support comprehensive sex education programs, such as ones that Planned Parenthood provides. This is a better solution than ignorance!

Are you outraged? Are you doing something about it?

No comments:

There is power in your voice. Use it!